Sales Tax Issues for IT Support Service Businesses
According to an advisory opinion by the New York State Department of Taxation, the bulk of what the typical IT Support Business sells to its clients is NOT due to sales tax. But read the fine print in this opinion for some items that may incur sales tax.
About Imke Ratschko
Imke Ratschko is a New York Attorney helping small businesses, business owners and entrepreneurs with all things "Small Business Law," such as litigation, contracts, business owner disputes, shareholder and operating agreements, sale or purchase of a business, investors, and starting a business. You can reach her at 212.253.1027.
From the Blog
- “Terms and Conditions” may work for your Business
- What licenses do I need to start an Online Business? [updated April 2012]
- Taking Care of the LLC Publication Requirement
- New York LLC Operating Agreements: Funding the Company
- Hiring Employees in New York – Surviving the Paperwork
- NY Business Certificates – Know Your “Doing Business As” Responsibilities
- In court, an LLC needs an Attorney
- Tips on making your Independent Contractors audit proof
- What happens if I don’t file newspaper ads for my LLC?
- Five Common Employment Law Hazards for Start-Ups
- Guarantor not bound by forum selection clause in guaranteed contract – Quebecor v. Harsha Associates
- The Claim: Multi-Member LLC is better than Single Member LLC Because of Charging Order