FAQ: Choice of Entity
Articles on choice of business entity are a dime a dozen. Here is one that stands out from the crowd:
(Another big firm resource free for the taking)
See also Choosing between an S corporation and an LLC – The New York Perspective, by Yours Truly.
About Imke Ratschko
Imke Ratschko is a New York Attorney helping small businesses, business owners and entrepreneurs with all things "Small Business Law," such as litigation, contracts, business owner disputes, shareholder and operating agreements, sale or purchase of a business, investors, and starting a business. You can reach her at 212.253.1027.
From the Blog
- “Terms and Conditions” may work for your Business
- What licenses do I need to start an Online Business? [updated April 2012]
- Taking Care of the LLC Publication Requirement
- New York LLC Operating Agreements: Funding the Company
- Hiring Employees in New York – Surviving the Paperwork
- NY Business Certificates – Know Your “Doing Business As” Responsibilities
- In court, an LLC needs an Attorney
- Tips on making your Independent Contractors audit proof
- What happens if I don’t file newspaper ads for my LLC?
- The Claim: Multi-Member LLC is better than Single Member LLC Because of Charging Order
- Sales Tax Issues for IT Support Service Businesses
- I am starting a Business – What can I do to minimize Risk and Sleep through the Night?
- Professionals starting a Corporation or Limited Liability Company in New York