FAQ: Choice of Entity
Articles on choice of business entity are a dime a dozen. Here is one that stands out from the crowd:
(Another big firm resource free for the taking)
See also Choosing between an S corporation and an LLC – The New York Perspective, by Yours Truly.
About Imke Ratschko
Imke Ratschko is a New York Attorney helping small businesses, business owners and entrepreneurs with all things "Small Business Law," such as litigation, contracts, business owner disputes, shareholder and operating agreements, sale or purchase of a business, investors, and starting a business. You can reach her at 212.253.1027.
From the Blog
- “Terms and Conditions” may work for your Business
- What licenses do I need to start an Online Business? [updated April 2012]
- Taking Care of the LLC Publication Requirement
- New York LLC Operating Agreements: Funding the Company
- Hiring Employees in New York – Surviving the Paperwork
- NY Business Certificates – Know Your “Doing Business As” Responsibilities
- In court, an LLC needs an Attorney
- Tips on making your Independent Contractors audit proof
- Going into Business Together: Don’t Rely on a Handshake!
- Ownership, Contributions and Distributions of Profit in an LLC Operating Agreement
- Cheap Web Incorporations
- The Claim: Multi-Member LLC is better than Single Member LLC Because of Charging Order
- Does a Foreign Corporation Doing Business in New York require a Registered Agent?